Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A burnt blessing

When I was a kid, occasionally my mom would overcook something and tell us not to complain because it was simply a burnt blessing. Well I have been cooking this baby in my oven for my 40 weeks due time and now she has become a "burnt blessing." She has stayed in the oven a few days too long! However she is still a very special blessing in our lives. We are so excited to see her and hold her and just tell her how much we love her. I think of how long we had to wait to have her already so what is a few more days! I have to admit that I have had an overall good pregnancy. Its been long, and not always easy but I am sure it will be well worth it. The wait is almost over! Anyhow, I am really ready for our little "burnt blessing" to get here! I already love her so much and I dont even know what she looks like! AHHHHH....I cant wait!

2 comments:

The Asay Family said...

Did you come up with this witty little metaphor by yourself? I am impressed. Just think, a "burnt" baby is better than a "raw" one. Although, I am not sure you'd want to eat her either way.:) Can't wait to meet my new niece!

Joe N' Jess said...

Awe, and now you know that the wait wasn't all that bad because being a mommy takes some unexpected work, haha! That is if you're anything like me! I'm glad that hard last stretch is over for you though!!