Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our new addition to the family!

Justin and I have decided that we needed to add a "little one" to our little family. However, since having babies hasn't seemed to work for us, we decided a puppy would satisfy us for the time being. Meet our new dog...(sorry she doesn't have a name yet). My parents were lucky enough to have 14 puppies so of course they were more than happy to get rid of a few, so we took one and Justin's parents took one that they named Roxy. There is the black one and ours is the VERY cute butterscotch one. They have been so much fun to play with!




We have had some trouble trying to figure out a name. Justin and I have went back and forth on SOOO many names. We finally decided to take our favorite 6 and put them in a hat and draw out the official name. We drew out the name Claire. However after calling the dog Claire a few times it just didn't sound right, so we are back to square one. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Omgosh she's sooo cute! What kind of dog is it? Are you all trying to have kiddies?

Annelise said...

Thats so cool! Are they labs? We really want one! I wish I still lived around there so I could buy one from your family. :-) How much are they selling them for?
My sisters dogs name is Roxy! That cute!
What were the other names you had for it? I'm guessing it's a girl?
I read once that dogs respond better to names ending in ie or y, things like Roxy or Maggie, or Lucy. I don’t know it that true for sure, but I find names like those are super cute!
It just depends on what you like. I suggest looking up a baby naming website online and go through that. haha. It can work for puppies too. :-)
Side not, don’t name your dog an name you’d ever consider naming one of your kids. Hehe. You might wanna save if got when you do have a little one someday. Haha.

Justin and Linzi said...

She is about 75% lab. Her mom is half lab and her dad is a full blood chocolate lab. We finally decided on naming her Sadie. We thought it fit her the best. My parents and gladly giving them away for free! They have 9 left so if anyone wants one they are free game! And yes, we are trying to have kids...we started trying around December of last year and no luck yet :( but of course the practice is fun!

Kristin said...

Those are some super cute puppies! Congrats on the house. It is looking great. Sadie is adorable. I love the name.