Monday, March 9, 2009

Bad idea...and other random stuff



So I am writing this blog to discuss a serious issue with my hair. I decided to be a little "crazy" and dye my hair black. Well actually I picked a color that said "Brown/Black." I had heard that black hair was hard to get rid of so I was smart and made sure I didnt get a pure black color...at least I thought I was being smart! Anyhow, I loved my black hair for about the first two or three weeks but then my blondish/brown roots started growing in. So, naturally I did not want to have hair that was two toned so I decided that I had my fun with black hair and wanted to go back to my normal color. My first action was to dye it a dark brown and slowly work my way up getting lighter and lighter each time. I tried to color it a dark brown and absolutely nothing happened! The thought crossed my mind to go get it done professionally but I thought, "No, I want to save some money." So I went to the store and looked throught the bottles and found one that said "made for black hair." I was sure this time it was going to work. So I had Justin color it for me and guess what, it didnt work again!!!! I am a very determined person when it comes to things likes my hair, it has to be just right. So of course I thought I would try something else. I went to the store this time and decided to get a hair stripper. So I had Justin try this. This time it really did get rid of my black hair, however it left it ORANGE!!!!! So now that I had orange hair I was NOT going to give up. So I went to the store and picked out the most expensive kind of hair dye I could find and I bought a dark blonde color. So I had Terriann color it for me. She did a great job, but my hair is now blonde with a big hint of orange! On top of all of this, my hair is not looking very healthy anymore. So, moral of this store....DO NOT DIE YOUR HAIR BLACK! Also, my advice is that if you do something crazy to your hair, just go get it taken care of professionally. I am pretty sure I have spent about $50 on hair stuff over the past month and now I am going to have to spend at least another $50 to get it fixed.
On a happier note things here in Hilton Head are going great! Yesterday, Justin and I attended Stake Conference in Savannah, Georgia. After conference we were able to go to downtown Savannah and look at all the beautiful sites. It was SO PRETTY! Since it was Sunday all we were able to do was look but that was enough for us! We hope to make it back down there before we leave here. When we got home from church, we went on a bike ride down the trails, played softball on the beach, and cuddled on the hammack. It was an amazing day. If I could describe the perfect day, it would be yesterday! Also, I think I am going to be running my first 5K this weekend. I am really excited/nervous about it. My goal is to run the whole way and finish the race. I know I will not win it or anything but accomplishing my goal will be good enough for me! When I get my hair completely fixed, I will post some new pictures of us. I have been avoiding the camera for about the past month so that is why there arent any new pictures!

3 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

We have had similar experiences!!! A month ago I tried coloring my hair lighter...it turned ORANGE!! After 3 days I decided to go back to my normal color which is a dark brown/black-SHOCK!! Then I did something really crazy!! I got all my hair cut off!!! It's like the style you had before you left Maryville. I'm finally starting to like it...But wow!! I went from a long haired blonde to a short/bobbed black hair girl. People are hardly recognizing me!!

So good to hear from you! I'm putting a link of your blog on mine so I can visit more:)!

Tell Justin the Ackmans said HI!

Heather said...

Haha, I just dyed my hair and its black too!!!

Kelli said...

Too funny. But your hair doesn't look orange in the pictures!