Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Homeless :(



Our First Place Together
About 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday, Justin and I found out that we needed to leave for Hilton Head, South Carolina. We were told that we needed to leave by Saturday. We were both excited until it hit us that we would have to pack up our beloved apartment and move out. Our lease for this apartment is up as of March 1st, and to save a little money so that we can buy our own house, Justin's parents have agreed to let us turn a barn that they have on their property into an apartment where we will be able to live for pretty cheap. This works out perfectly for us because we are hardly home anyways and it was pointless to pay rent to a place that we are hardly living at.

It was extremely hard to leave our apartment. We loved that place! Justin and I had painted it all cute and really made it a home. Packing in two days wasn't easy either. Thanks to the help of Terriann and Justin's parents we got it all done. Here is where it all gets hard...the barn has yet to be converted, so we packed all of our stuff up and now it is in storage at his parents. I dont even know where half of it is!

I am going to make it very clear that I am SOOOO thankful for Justin's parents for letting us live in their basement till the apartment is finished and even more grateful that they are providing us with the apartment, however I am so sad to be leaving our "home." After Justin and I set up our bed in their basement I cried for a few minutes because I am really going to miss our apartment. It was the first place Justin and I lived in as a married couple. I am even going to miss the old lady below us that would pound on the ceiling if we were walking to heavy. Anyhow, I cant wait for apartment to be finished and hopefully we will be able to make it home for us and create many new memories, but for now, we are homeless.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I still think fondly of the first apartment we had. You will remember that place forever.

Kelli said...

By the way, i like the new background on your blog page!