Monday, February 16, 2009


Christmas 2008!!!!
Now that it is already February I have finally taken the time to tel l you about our Christmas. We had such a great time for Christmas this year. Justin had 2 weeks off of work which was awesome! It all started at my parents house. Its always an interesting time when Justin and I go to my parents. Its a very full house so there is always something going on. I cant imagine what it will be like when all of us kids are grown up with kids...it will be crazy!
Of course this was a fun time since we get to spend it with family....especially the nephews!!! As you can tell, Justin and I have the cutest nephews around. Blake is 2 and VERY active. He loves saying Justin's name but wont say my name, we are pretty sure its just too hard for him to say. Every time Sara is talking to me she tells Blake "I am talking to aunt Linzi" and then Blake will say "Justin!" but never my name. Occasionally he will call me "a-yay" I think that is Aunt Linzi in Blake terms. Anyhow, as tradition stands, we do Christmas at my parents house and then we go to my Grandma and Grandpa Harris' house for Christmas. Going to G-ma and G-pa Harris house gets harder and harder every year. I swear there living room is like 15' by 15' and they get the fattest (ugliest) tree, so when you cram at least 50 people in there it gets interesting, but we love doing it. I could probably talk a lot more about my parents house but then this would get rather lengthy, so I think thats good enough.
So after a week at my parents Justin and I went out to Utah for Christmas with his family. Justin's sister Shanacy lives in Orem with her husband Matt and their 3 kids and one on the way! We had a great time! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we have the cutest nieces as well. Shan has 3 girls and the bun in her oven is a girl as well! It was great being able to see them and play with them since we dont get to see them much. Kylee is the oldest, she is kind of shy but thats because she doesn't know us very well....yet! Then there is Brittany and she is the most out-goin
g girl I know. She is full of life as I am sure you can tell in the picture of me, Brittany, and Justin's sister Lindsey. Next is Emily and she is a doll! Instead of saying the word "yes" she says "nes." It always throws you off because she makes the "n" sound and you think she is going to say no but then she changes it up by saying Yes.
While we were in Utah we had to opportunity of going to Justin's best friend (brother) Joe's wedding. Joe and his now wife Jessica were married in the Salt Lake temple and December 27th. It was my first experience in the Salt Lake Temple. I loved it! Not to mention I am so dang happy for Joe and Jess, they make a great couple! One day, when Joe and Jess decide that Missouri is better then Utah and move here, Justin and I will finally have a couple to hang out with! Also while we were in Utah my cousin Shawn was heading to the MTC. He is serving in the San Fransisco Mission. I am SOOOO proud of him!!! It was awesome getting to watch him walk into the MTC. I was the last girl he can hug for the next two years...I bet he wishes it could have been some other girl then his cousin! :) It was awesome being there to see him especially since his parents couldn't be there.
After Justin and I got back from Utah we had the opportunity to go to Nauvoo and watch my cousin Alicia be sealed to her husband Eric. It was and awesome experience especially since that is where Justin and I were married. It was our first opportunity to go back to the place where our life together began! Between going to the temple in Salt Lake (and getting our own set of temple clothes) and seeing my cousin Shawn at the MTC and being there for Alicia and Eric's sealing, I would say that week of Christmas was one of the most spiritual/amazing weeks ever. That is our whole Christmas in a nutshell!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh i am so excited that you got to go to the SL temple. It is really incredible. So rich in history. And so huge!!! You are sure getting around the country.... So are you settled in your new location yet? What kind of housing arrangement do you have this time? I miss you lots.

Justin and Linzi said...

Well we are staying in the hotel that Justin is working at. However its not just your average hotel, its like a 5 star hotel! Justin's job is to remodel the bedroom and bathroom of the suites so we are in the connecting room to muffle the noise they make. The good part about that is that we have access to the suite's living room and dining room and bar area so its not like we are confined to one room. Plus there is a gym and pool and we are right on the beach so I keep pretty busy. Plus they have one of the prettiest walking trails here! I saw an aligator...it was awesome! Its also nice that I can have the maid service come in whenever I want to clean for me! lol living the good life! I think you and Scott should take a trip out here...its beautiful. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Hilton Head Island...you should google it!