Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Photo's on the GO!!!!

Running the 5K has made me realize that I can do it. So now I have a new goal, I want to run a 10K. So this week I have started training for this so that I can hopefully do it when we get back to Missouri. I like to run outside because I find it more interesting then running on a treadmill. So everyday I get to run outside and see all the of the beauties that this world has to offer so I thought I would share them with you as well. I decided to take my camera with me on my run and take pictures of anything that I found interesting or pretty and here is how it turned out.

This is from the balcony in my room (I know, its not on the run but its where I begin the journey!)

I saw this bird at the pond. he was perched up right in front of me. I snapped the picture right as he was leaving to swoop down and catch a fish and he caught it! The picture below is where he ended up.




This is the hammack I plan to lounge in when I get back!
This is a fountain in one of the ponds and those are real birds!

I thought of my dear friend Kelli Holman when I took this picture. She always takes pictures of flowers!

This is just a little river the runs under the path


Hilton Head, South Carolina is ALL about golfing. There are probably 50 golf courses just on the island! This is the one that I pass everyday here is the Shipyard Plantation.
This is pretty much what the whole trail looks like. There are trees everywhere which is great for running because you dont have the sun beaming down on you!

Another Kelli picture!


This is the round-about. Its seems like they have a lot of these instead of 4-way stops...its still pretty though!

What kind of run would this be if I didnt see the turtle family? I just love those little guys!

Every time I pass this pond, it makes me want to jump and and go swimming. It totally reminds me of the lake, the smell, the sun reflecting off the water, and the fish jumping! However, with the fear of aligators in there, I think I will just stick to running by it!

If I would have known about this bridge when I was taking my engagement pictures or my senior pictures, I SOOO would have taken them there. Its such a pretty and old looking bridge. I love it!

And last but not least, my absolute favorite part of the run is seeing the aligators. This is the pond next to where I turn around and I swer this alligator is the biggest one here! He is HUGE! I think he head is bigger then 1/2 of my body! I wish you could see him from the front. Sometimes he is facing the road but today he wasn't so this will have to do!

This is the point where I turn around in my run so everything I see from then on is the same as before. I just love the beauty of this place. I hope you enjoyed your tour of my run!

3 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Thanks for the tour!:)

Kristin said...

Hey Linzi

I just found your blog from Leslie's. What an adventure you and Justin are having! I love it.

What a beautiful place to run. I have never been to the South and I am thinking that we need to plan a trip. Way to go on the 5K! You look great.

Miss you!

Kelli said...

Ahhhh,....you remember my flower picture taking! I feel honored!!!